Dec 21, 2021
Sep 1, 2021
The usual disclaimer: Our year-end list will be staff-voted; this is just Trailer’s list.
8. The Steel Woods - All of Your Stones
11. James McMurtry - The Horses & The Hounds
12. Carly Pearce - 29
13. Vincent Neil Emerson - s/t
14. Austin Meade - Black Sheep
15. Sturgill Simpson - Ballad of Dood & Juanita
16. The Killers - Pressure Machine
17. Paul Thorn - Never Too Late to Call
18. Blackberry Smoke - You Hear Georgia
19. The Marfa Tapes
20. Melissa Carper - Daddy’s Country Gold
Aug 19, 2021
Jul 29, 2021
Jul 24, 2021
Jun 18, 2021
Apr 7, 2021
Most of these “jerk” lists have been surprising. This one, not as much. Rock stars are well known for ego and snotty behavior. Even though they may put off good vibes online or when meeting fans, here are some of Southern Rock’s most egregious offenders.
10. Gregg Allman
Only married Cher to piss off southern rock fans. Kept bus fridge stocked with clean urine despite never actually having to take drug tests.
9. Wes Bayliss (The Steel Woods)
Thinks turn signals are for the weak. Has a side job as one of those people who calls you about your car’s warranty.
8. Marcus King
Still draws dicks on sleeping bandmates like it’s a 1997 frat house. Insists upon a state trooper entourage walking him to the stage.
7. Dan Baird (Georgia Satellites)
Only plays “Keep Your Hands to Yourself” in a medley at concerts. Hangs the toilet paper “under.”
6. Cody Cannon (Whiskey Myers)
Puffs, puffs, puts it out. Secretly a hit pop-country songwriter under the alias Corey Crowder. Burps and blows in your face.
5. Susan Tedeschi
Only allows mainstream country stations to be played over the tour bus speakers. Makes band sign non-disclosure agreements so no one knows about her Red Man habit. One member is being fired at this moment.
4. Charlie Starr (Blackberry Smoke)
Talks in a fake Southern aristocrat accent for interviews. Doesn’t flush. Doesn’t put his grocery cart up.
3. Dale Krantz Rossington (The Rossington Band, Skynyrd)
Used to hide rotten fruit in Leon Russell’s beard while he was asleep. Cheats at Words with Friends. Hollers “Play Free Bird!” while actually on the stage with Lynyrd Skynyrd.
2. Derek Trucks
Never responds to text messages. Intentionally uses poor grammar and spelling on Facebook posts to trigger perfectionists. Personally selects the pre-show monitor music: all Ricky Martin hits. Doesn’t pick up after his dog.
1. Chris Robinson
Whoops. Actually is a jerk. Sorry for ending this on a downer.