Sep 16, 2020
Sep 3, 2020
23 Favorite Albums of the Decade (2010-2019)
I meant to post this at the end of last year with blurbs and whatnot, but it did not happen.
1. Jason Isbell - Southeastern
2. Lori McKenna - The Bird and the Rifle
3. Tyler Childers - Purgatory
4. The Damn Quails - Down the Hatch
5. Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear
6. John Moreland - In the Throes
7. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
9. Jamey Johnson - The Guitar Song
10. Brandy Clark - 12 Stories
11. Run the Jewels - RTJ
12. James McMurtry - Complicated Game
13. The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream
14. Kendrick Lamar - good Kid, M.A.A.D. City
15. Turnpike Troubadours - Goodbye Normal Street
16. Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern Sounds in Country Music
17. Jamie Lin Wilson - Jumping Over Rocks
18. Run the Jewels - RTJ2
19. Lydia Loveless - Somewhere Else
20. Chris Stapleton - Traveler
21. Cody Jinks - Adobe Sessions
22. Ashley McBryde - Girl Going Nowhere
23. Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden
Honorable Mentions: Sturgill Simpson - High Top Mountain, Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer Different Park, Cody Jinks - I’m Not the Devil, Turnpike Troubadours - A Long Way From Your Heart, Kellie Pickler - 100 Proof, Mike & The Moonpies - Cheap Silver, Turnpike Troubadours -s/t, Miranda Lambert - The Weight of These Wings, Ruston Kelly - Dying Star, Brandi Carlile - By the Way I Forgive You, Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor’s Guide, Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires - There is a Bomb in Gilead, Charlie Robison - Beautiful Day, Lucero - Among the Ghosts, Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial, Gojira - Magma, Colter Wall -s/t.
*foul language warning obviously*
If I see Thomas Rhett, Luke Bryan, and FGL all together on the street
When you see that the best mainstream country song of the year, Caylee Hammack's "Small Town Hypocrite" bombed on the charts
The opposite of Vince Gill
Describe Keith Urban's last album
Did you hear about Kane Brown getting lost on his own land?
When your friends says "You're right, mainstream country is awful - give me Tyler Childers and Courtney Patton instead."
If 'that' is a boyfriend country song with snap beats:
When someone says they like Kelsea Ballerini better than Kelsey Waldon
and finally, to mainstream country radio...
Aug 27, 2020
What happened when you first heard Florida-Georgia Line?
When somebody ties you up and steals your Willie albums.
When a kid complains about your country music and says he wants to hear some Imagine Dragons.
♫ ♬ I'm too dumb for New York City. And too ugly for L.A. ♫ ♬
When the pandemic is over and we get to go to concerts again
The Tyler Childers albums go in the album crates,
♫ ♬ You've got to stand for something
or you'll fall for anything ♫ ♬
What happened when you played Kane Brown at your party?