Nov 24, 2020
Nov 23, 2020
Nov 22, 2020
Nov 20, 2020
Mainstream country radio station WPOO out of Nashua, NH played one song for an entire hour on loop this past Wednesday and no one even noticed.
Neither listeners, staff, nor the on air DJ raised a single concern about the fact that Russell Dickerson’s “Love You Like I Used To” played 13 times between 1:30 and 2:30 eastern time. The goof wasn’t caught until that night when a station scheduler, Ray Jefferson, reviewed the playlist from that afternoon.
“That song is basically a microcosm of everything we play,” explained Jefferson, “A bland dude with kind of smooth vocals, similar guitar sound, same lyrics just rearranged… you know the deal… so honestly, I don’t blame the DJ for not noticing.” He said that while he had no idea the effect the repeat might have had on over-the-air ratings, the streaming numbers actually rose during the hour.
On-air personality "Mean" Mark Edwards said he hadn’t even been reprimanded for the slip-up. “It’s the number one song in America, maybe people thought we were just celebrating that milestone.” he said. “It’s boring as hell but it fits into the sonic oatmeal of dullness we try to put forward here at POO 102. And of course no one noticed that no women were played that hour - c'est comme ça.”
“The funniest thing about it was,” laughed Edwards, “A lady called in and requested that song while it was playing.”
Nov 19, 2020
----------10. That selling meth never goes on lockdown or recession
9. As crazy as this year’s been, mom’s okay with you repeating 10th grade again
8. Confederate flag Covid masks
7. That stimulus check bought you a new set of teeth (used)
6. If you never had a job, you can’t lose a job
5. The guy you owed $500 for cock fight gambling debts died of the Rona
4. Lots of time to polish up that mixtape
3. With online prayer meetings, you can finally smoke crack at church
2. That Upchurch still puts out like 15 albums a year
1. That if you’ve had herpes and ringworm at the same time, Covid ain’t shit